Zenith Water Touch-free handwashing solutions
03 Apr 2020
The importance of handwashing
Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick, as it helps prevent the spread of common infections such as colds, flu, gastroenteritis and viruses such as novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Warm, soapy water is the best option for washing your hands when they are visibly dirty.
The New Zealand Ministry of Health recommends the following simple handwashing tips:
1. Remove all jewellery, even rings, so you can reach all surfaces on your hands.
2. Wet hands with running water (preferably warm).
3. Apply soap or liquid soap. Normal soap is just as good as antibacterial soap.
4. Rub your hands together for at least 20 seconds.
5. Make sure you cover all surfaces, including the backs of your hands and in between your fingers.
6. Rinse hands, making sure you remove all soap, and turn off the tap using the towel or paper towel.
7. Dry your hands thoroughly with a paper towel, a clean hand towel or an air dryer if you are in a public toilet.
Touch-free washroom solutions for superior hygiene
Zenith Water offers a range of touch-free washroom products- from sensor taps, toilet flushing systems, hand dryers and soap dispensers. Discover the range now, click here.
For the latest advice on COVID-19, visit New Zealand Ministry of Health.