What information do we collect?
During the course of our dealings with you and/or your business (including by allowing you to access and use any of our websites and/or when you purchase any of our products or services), we may collect personal information about you (or individuals within your business), including the following:
- your contact details, such as your name, address, email and phone number;
- any personal information you supply to us, such as information about your interests in our products and services (including where you use an enquiry or contact field on our website);
- any communication you have with us, whether via the website or otherwise, including email communications, application forms and your phone communications with us;
- information about your computer hardware and software that is collected automatically by us, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site address;
- any financial information you provide to us for the purpose of, or in connection with, the completion of any order for any of our products or services, such as billing address and billing information; and
- if you are an employee or service provider of ours, typical human-resources types of information such as job applicant details, remuneration, entitlements and other internal administrative information.
If you are applying for a job with us, we may collect information about you relating to recruitment, for example, your contact details, work history, academic record, and any relevant records or information such as criminal records, visa information, and practising certificates. This may include collecting information from third parties such as your previous employer, referees, recruitment agencies, government departments or educational institutions, but only where you have agreed to such collection.
How do we use and disclose your information?
We will hold and use any personal information collected for the purposes set out in this Policy or for any purpose authorised at the time of collection of the personal information.
Primarily, where you are one of our customers or prospective customers, we will hold and use your personal information to operate our websites and social media accounts and to provide (or market) our products and services to you. However, we may also hold, use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- to enable third parties we engage to assist us in providing a product or service that you request;
- to enable us or our affiliates to directly market or promote products and/or services to you, including electronically;
- to enable us to improve and better tailor our products, services, marketing and/or advertising to match your needs and improve your use of any of our websites, products or services generally;
- to conduct statistical analysis regarding your usage of any of our websites (and to use any aggregated and anonymized data that does not disclose any personal information in relation to that usage to market any of our websites, products or services to third parties generally);
- to assist us in protecting the operation of our networks and systems, including by taking steps to monitor and detect potential threats, such as hacking, virus dissemination and other vulnerabilities;
- to assist us in monitoring your compliance with any terms and conditions relating to any of the products or services you are receiving or to otherwise protect our rights or property;
- to assess and process employment applications, or to facilitate your employment with us;
- for internal purposes, such as staff training, record keeping or our usual billing procedures;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including responding to regulators and law enforcement agencies;
- if we sell, transfer or assign part, or all, of our business or assets; and
- for any purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 2020, including any purpose that you authorise.
Please note that when a customer or prospective customer provides personal information to us or one of our affiliates, we will tend to ask the customer to choose whether or not they wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and other parts of our business. We also send promotional information to other people who are not regular customers to introduce them to our business, provided we meet our legal requirements. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of an email, or contacting us at the contact details below and letting us know you'd like to opt out.
How do we store your information?
Any personal information that you may provide to us will be stored and processed securely and in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
Where any third party disclosure is to an overseas entity, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards, in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Further, we will only retain your personal information for so long as it is required for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have the right to access, or request the correction of, any personal information that we hold, subject to some exceptions under the Privacy Act 2020. If you would like to access or correct your information, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our websites may contain links to other sites, which may not adhere to the same privacy policies as ours. We recommend that you check those third parties' policies before providing your personal information or continuing to access those sites.
The Policy is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
From time to time, we will update this Policy. All revisions will be made available on our website and will take effect from the date that the revision is made available. This Policy was last updated on 10 June 2022.